A fixed annuity can provide:
- Tax deferral
- Withdrawal benefits1
- Guaranteed income streams for life2
- Safety of principal2
These unique benefits can assist you in accumulating and distributing your assets
to meet your needs.
Types of Annuity Plans
Fixed Rate Deferred Annuities
The rate of interest for fixed rate annuities is guaranteed for a specified time.
Fixed rate annuities are attractive because they often credit a higher interest
rate than most fixed income alternatives. They are well suited for conservative
investors who don't need current income and who want to save for the long term.
Equity Indexed Annuities
Equity indexed annuities offer the potential for market linked returns, with a guarantee
of principal2 after completing a surrender charge period. Their returns
are linked to a stock market index. If the market does not perform well, equity
indexed annuities have minimum rate guarantees subject to caps and participation
Benefits of Fixed Annuities
Safety of Principal2
Fixed annuities typically guarantee your principal.
Annuities generally have several liquidity options that are unique and available
without a penalty. Various options may have costs or fees associated with them.
The growth of your annuity is tax-deferred until you decide to withdrawal your money.
Because your contract is credited interest on the deferred tax portion of the investment,
savings could grow faster than they would in a taxable investment. However, the
ultimate tax savings will depend on when taxes are paid and the current rate in
effect when they are paid.
Annuity proceeds are paid to named beneficiaries immediately upon death, without
the delay, publicity, or expense of probate. Proceeds received by the beneficiary
are subject to income taxes, so you should carefully consider your estate plan or
consult with your investment executive.
1There is a surrender charge imposed generally during the first 3 to
10 years that you own the contract. Withdrawals prior to age 59 1⁄2 may result in
a 10% penalty in addition to any ordinary income tax.
2The guarantee of the annuity is based on the financial strength and
claims-paying ability of the underlying insurance company.
3Annuities should not be purchased as a short-term investment.
- Securities and Insurance Products are offered through Cetera Investment Services LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services are offered through Cetera Investment Advisers LLC. Neither firm is affiliated with Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. or its related companies. Advisory services may only be offered by Investment Adviser Representatives. Investment products are: *Not FDIC insured*May go down in value*Not financial institution guaranteed*Not a deposit*Not insured by any federal government agency.
Susquehanna Wealth Strategies is a marketing name for Cetera which offers investment products at Susquehanna Bank locations.
- Advisory services may only be offered by Investment Adviser Representatives in connection with an appropriate CETERA Advisory Services Agreement and disclosure brochure as provided.
- Susquehanna Wealth Strategies is a marketing name for CETERA which offers investment products at Susquehanna Bank locations.
Securities and Insurance Products Are:
• Not FDIC Insured • May Lose Value • Not Bank
• Not a Deposit • Not Insured by any Federal Government Entity