Features and Benefits
Individuals are eligible for an HSA if, with respect to any month, they:
- Are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) on the first day of such month
- Are also not covered by any other health plan that is not an HDHP (with certain exceptions for plan providing preventative care and limited types of permitted insurance and permitted coverage)
- Are not enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be claimed as a dependant on another individual's tax return
- Must be opened within a Susquehanna Branch
Rates and Fees
- Minimum Balance to Avoid Fees:
$50 minimum daily balance requirement.
- $5 monthly service fee if minimum daily balance requirement is not maintained.
- The minimum balance requirement is waived for the first six statement cycles following the account opening date.
Health Savings Account
|Minimum to Open||Minimum Balance Req'd|
to Obtain APY
|Interest Rate||Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
|$50,000 and above||.20%||.20%
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is effective as of
Saturday, October 3, 2015.
Interest rates subject to change without notice. Fees could reduce earnings.
All accounts are variable rate; the interest rate may change after the account is opened.